Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Easy Street Part 4

Saturday, I completed Part 4 of Easy Street.  As Bonnie said in her blog it was going to be easy and it was.



This week we were do the same as week 2 making flying geese but the amount this time was 64 with turquoise and and purples. The purples were once again the triangles, and the turquoises were used as the wings this time. 

I went through all purples triangles I had cut and I had all I needed to finish the flying geese.  So, no need to cut purples for this person.  All I had to do was cut the 2 inch turquoise wings.  As before I sew the right side to the purple triangles and then press open.  Then added the left side.  After pressing them open, I went to the cutting table and trimmed down to 2" X 3-1/2". 

Once all of them were all trimmed down, we were to grab 64 of the week 2 flying geese and sew them on this week's flying geese. Make sure that the white on black are on the top of the turquoise flying geese.  Once that is done press them open toward to the top flying geese. The units measure at a 3-1/2" square.

After we had the units complete, Bonnie asked us to cut 145 3-1/2" squares in the greens.  That was a lot of green, but I still have more fabric left in green if we need to make more out of them.

I can't wait to see what week 5 has for us.  I think this will be a really neat quilt, and I am looking forward to see the whole thing finished.

    Tina

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabrics and it's looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours look amazing together - those bright greens really spice up the lovely purples/turquoises.

    ReplyDelete