Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Easy Street Mystery - Part 5

Saturday, was a busy day of Sewing for me in my studio.  I started off with Part 5 of Easy Street Mystery.


Part 5 was very easy, this week with no flying geese, Yeah.  You need to make 64 3-1/2" house blocks, which is the nick name I gave this block.  Start by cutting 64 3-1/2" turquoise squares and from the purple cut 128 2-1/2" squares.

Then draw diagonal lines across the back of the purple squares.  Yeah, that is a lot of marking but it is worth it to ensure a straight line diagonally. 

After you get them all marked, place one of the purple squares on one of the corners of the turquoise and sew across the diagonal line. Sew all the 64 blocks this way.


Once you are done sewing all 64, then take them back to cutting table. From the thread line measure out 1/4" with your easy angle ruler and cut off the rest or the triangle and then press open.

Next take the rest of the purple squares and sew them to the opposite side, like you would do for flying geese. And repeat the process of cutting the triangles and pressing just like before on the opposite side.

  It is still a mystery to me on how this will all work together, but it has been fun.  I'm hoping you are all having fun with it also.

While working on the blocks for Easy Street, I also made a leader/ender project out of my Women of Courage Block of Month part 3.  I sewed the first parts of the block while sewing the purple corners, on the turquoise. It was fun to do it that way, plus I got the blocks done.


Tina

6 comments:

  1. It looks a like you are creating a beauty. I have selected my fabric! But that's all so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting until the sales on the 28th and 29th to get my fabrics for Easy Street... then I'll have a few days to start and hopefully catch up. Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first couple parts are hardest, once you get past them they are pretty easy. Good Luck and Have fun!

      Delete
  3. I have no idea how the mystery is going together either. I hope we get to join more units together this week. It's getting very exciting now. Your little houses look great.

    ReplyDelete