Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Caught Up "Women Of Courage" BOM

In June of this year, I received my first block and backing for  "Women of Courage" Block of the Month quilt, through the Fat Quarter Shop.  I liked the idea of blocks and a quilt that represent the strong women and courage of women in our history.


Month 3
Each block when complete will measure 9-1/2 inches unfinished. The total of 12 months will measure out with finished quilt size of 98" x 98". Month One block was Nancy Wake and Month two was Sojourner Truth, which I finished several months ago and then got involved in other projects.  So, I decide this weekend would be a good time to catch up on my blocks.

Month 4
So the last couple of days, I have been having a little fun catching up. Saturday, I finish Month 3 - Christi McAuliffe block.  

Sunday, I completed Months 4, 5, and 6, which caught me up to the current month.  Month 4 was decade to Bessie Coleman, you had to make two of the same blocks you did in Months 1 through 3. 


Month 5
With Month 5, they combined two women Maud Fitch & Susan B. Anthony, so you are making one block for each of them. They are nice blocks, with the backings different from the others.

Month 6

Month 6, also combines two women Helen Keller & Mary Edwards Walker. These two blocks were a little easier than the others I completed earlier in the day.  

Only 6 more months left to go as this will end in May 2013. I'm looking forward to seeing the other blocks as they come in the mail.  Overall it was a great weekend for catching up on a project that I was behind on.  Hoping everyone had a productive weekend like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment