Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Quilt Pattern!

Sorry about missing a blog yesterday.  I ended up spending most of my evening video chatting with my son who is at Sheppard AFB, TX, it was worth missing a blog post.  He is doing really well with the adjustment to military life, Proud of him!

Before I started talking with him, I finished the design of his quilt pattern. The blocks are simple,  I will be adding four t-shirt into the mist of the blocks also.  The main part of the quilt will measure 45" x 75" for his dorm room bed. I have not figured out what the sizes of the borders will be just yet.
Rough Draft of Pattern

I have worked two different smaller blocks that will measure 7-1/2" square finished.  The blocks will bring out the designs of the Air Force fabric I will be using for the quilt. The T-Shirt will be cutting down to 12 -1/2" blocks unfinished, with borders around them.  

I'm still working on the cutting and yardage requirements, but hope to have that done by the weekend.  Once the quilt top is finished I will write up a tutorial. 

This is going to be a fun, quick quilt top to do for him. 

Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment