Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

First Quilted Piece Complete

Today I completed quilting my first quilt on my Millennium and it went very smoothly.  After having the quilt loaded last night and everything prepared it made the quilting process go very quickly.   


I used "Fantasy Flame", panto by Jessica Schick from Digi-Tech Patterns, The thread I used is Superior Threads So Fine #50, 442- Thistle.


It really was fun to work on a real quilt instead of using a practicing piece of muslin.  I think next time I want to try a different brand of batting to see how it works on the machine.




After I completed the quilting I trimmed off the sides and prepped the quilt for the binding.  I then made the binding and sewed it on to the front of the quilt.


Now just to get the label made and sew the binding on the back of the quilt, a little hand sewing at night.




Now, I need to prep another quilt top and backing for the machine, I can't wait to do another.  I'm in love with working with my Millie.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment