Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

2013 Designer Mystery BOM- Month One

The last 3 days, I have been quilting the Tulip quilt.  Yesterday, afternoon I finished all the ditching everything and started some of the detailing.  So I think I need a break from it today, so I will be going to the studio and working on some projects I want to catch up on.

Last week, I received a package from the Fat Quarter Shop, I was the start of the 2013 Designer Mystery BOM, with the finishing kit.  So the other day, I decided to get this one started. The first of the 12 blocks, is called "Strawberry Picking".  I had never made a block like this one so it was a little challenging, but fun!

First, I need to sew all the strips together, and make sure they all lined up.


Then you need to make all the half squares, which was easy, then sew them into two different sets.

Finally, the challenge was to sew everything together and make everything line up.  After a few mistakes I finally got it. Yeah!


I love the colors of this years BOM, and cant wait to see next months looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment