The Tulip quilt is starting to show some progress. This week, I have been working hard but it sure doesn't seem that way on this quilt top. Monday - Wednesday was just nothing but working on stitching in the ditch.
Then, on Friday I started working on adding details to the borders, that's when things just were not working out right for me.
I just didn't like how the borders looked, so I gently took the whole design out. Then I added the new design of a feathered look to it. I like that a lot better than what i had before.
After I finished what I could on the borders, I started adding the designs to the inner green borders and the sashings. It came out very nice!
The white corners blocks, I also added a feather block.
In the inner white blocks, I was trying to use a vine motif (below) and I just didn't think it went with the flow of the rest of the quilt. So, Last
Night I took it out and added a different feather block to it. Which I don't have a good picture of right now, will get it in my next update on of the quilt top.
Now that I have the design finally worked out on this quilt, I can start making some good progress on it.