Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Huge Tulip Progress

I have made a large amount of progress on the Tulip Quilt the last couple days.  Yesterday, I finished all the lighter pink tulips machine applique and started the dark pink tulips. By the end of yesterday, I was starting to finish some of the blocks by trimming them down to size. 



By the end of the yesterday my design wall looked like this. I add a few pieces of sashing around the finished blocks to see how they looked as I finish them.

Today, I started right where I left off.  I finished machine applique all the blocks by lunch time.  




 Then I began cutting out the rest of the sashing pieces, 4-patch chain pieces and corner triangle pieces.  I placed all the sashing on the design board around the blocks. 


Before the end of the day I started sewing together 4-patch chain pieces which I will finish another day.  That leaves me to cut a few missing pieces and sew everything together.


Now, I'm starting to think about the borders and quilting the quilt top.  I'm so excited in how well this quilt top is going together.


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment