Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Project - Reproduction Quilt

While shopping at quilt show this past weekend, I spotted this kit in one of vender booths. Then I looked up and fell in love with the display quilt hanging up in the booth.  I have always loved the reproduction quilts they are so warm and inviting to me.  So I had to get the kit, for my bed.

Collection for a Cause - Warmth by Moda is an reproduction of an 1830s variable star quilt found in New Jersey. The proceeds from this collection, will be donated to Habitat for Humanity. The finished size of the quilt is 81"x 94".

The nice part about this kit is that it comes with a jelly roll, charms, layer cakes, background fabrics, and binding fabrics. All you have to buy is the backing, which I have found and will order to make sure I have it on hand before the fabrics are no longer available.  The jelly roll will be used for the stars, the charm pack will be used for the corner squares and the layer cake will be used for the center of the squares.

 As I start work on this project, I will keep you posted, on my progress.  It has been years since I have done a variable star, so this should be fun.

Tina




No comments:

Post a Comment