Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Memory Quilt Loaded!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day, finishing the Memory quilt.  I started with adding 3 borders on the quilt top it self. 

The inner border (tan) was 1 1/2", and middle (red camo) was a 3" and outer layer was a 5" border.  On the outer layer I add 5" squared to each of  the corners. 

After the borders were complete, I ran out to Michelle's to pick up some batting I have been wanting to try, Quilter Dream batting.  When I got home I opened the package to start to the let the batting relax, and boy its one soft batting. I thinking I may like this batting.  I prepared the backing for the longarm also.

By the end of the day, I was tired and done thinking about quilting, so we watched a couple movies.


Today, I did some house cleaning, in the morning. So this afternoon, I started loading the backing on the machine.  Then I loaded the top, which I had do redo after I rolled it up and realized that it was not straight.  So, I unrolled it and start over this time it was much better roll up.  I'm starting to get the hang of loading the quilts to the machine.

Then, I decided to go ahead and do a couple of rows of the pantograph I got for this project. which has flags and stars through it. 


At first, I had a couple of tension issues, due to using the different type of batting than I have in the past.  I got that fixed right away.  The pattern is coming out really nicely, I hope to get some more done this week, after work.


Now time to sit back watch the Superbowl and maybe work on the binding of the Jelly roll quilt.  Hope you all had a good week!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment