Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Women of Courage - Block 7 UFO!

Yesterday, I got back my Janome 7700 from the doctors, her thread cutter was not working probably, plus she needed a good cleaning.  I'm a happy camper.  I like my backup Janome, but it is not my 7700.  I really recommend getting your machines cleaned every year to 18 months.  They collect a lot of line at the bottom and need lubed.

So, I decided to test out my machine by working on the Women of Courage Block of Month that has become a UFO.  I think the last block came last summer sometime, really can't remember when it wrapped up.  But I have decided to get this one finished.  Everything I have been finishing the last couple weeks will be heading to the longarm for quilting.  These will all be great quilting practice for me. 


The Women of Courage quilt, was designed around great women in our history.  I left off with Block 7- "Sacagawea". We are making 16th blocks.


The blocks are made from different size Triangles, and squares.  


Starting with sewing red floral on the sides of the brown squares that measure 3 11/16".  This is the first time, I made something with 1/16th".  It was kind of interesting to figure out, but luckily the pattern had instructions how to locate the 11/16".  It is basically in between 5/8" and 3/4". 



Once all those are done, you can start sewing the green floral triangles on the side making 32 of these halves.




Take 16 of the halves then flip them so they are on the other side and combine them and press open and the block is finished.  Very easy block to make.


I have 5 more block to make to finish this quilt.  



Today, I don't know if I will get any sewing done.  This is Wednesday and Husband is off and we have errands to get done.  Sometimes, it is easier to them on weekdays. So, I hope everyone has a great day!


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment