Today, was full of business work at the desk top, so very little sewing was done today. But we did finally get Celtic Solstice Part 4 Finished this morning. As I stated on Monday's Blog Post for Celtic Solstice Part 3, my husband volunteered to work on Part 4 of the mystery quilt.
So I started him off with cutting 2" strips of orange and green. Then I sewed all the orange and green together with right sides together, making 3-1/2" strips. Then press open to the green side. Then we cut all the strips into 2".
I then showed him how to match up the seams on the cut 2" strips to make the 4-patches. He sewed the first one together and press open and the seams match up great and the measures matched to 3-1/2" x 3-1/2". He did great for the first one. So he put a few more together then checked them and the same results. So I left him to work on them as I worked on Part 3.
So, he continued, making all the 300 4-patches. He even correct mistakes he would make, with either seams not matching or uneven seams as checked them. He finished the 4-patches this morning, even had to making a few strips sets on his own.
It was great to have some one to sew with, especially someone you love. I look forward to the next part of the mystery, which we will work on together.