Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wine Wallhanging top complete!

About a month ago, I picked up these wine bottles panels at JoAnn Fabrics which were on sale. Thought they would be nice for my kitchen and plus it is good quilting practice material.  I picked up enough panels and accent fabric for a wall hanging, possible table runner and place-mats.

I didn't really like how the panels were printed into the fabric they were to narrow and not straight, so I decided to add a wider sashing around each panel.  Also the wider sashing helped in straightening each panel.   

When they were all sewn together, I added nice 3 1/2 inch border all around, which was a great touch to the quilt. Really like how this turned out.

Now, I need to figure out the quilting design I want to do on this quilt top.  Also need to put together the table runner and place-mats. 

Tomorrow is a holiday so I plan on doing some more projects, not sure which ones yet, but I need work on Blocks of Month and some other projects.  

If you have the day off on Monday hope you enjoy it, like I will be!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment