Today I teleworked from home and took two hours of leave, due to we were meeting the tax accountant today at 4:30 pm. So, I decided to experiment while I was waiting for my husband to get home.
A while back The Electronic Quilt Company had their Inkjet Fabric on sale. So today, I thought I would experiment with the photo fabric. The photo fabric is 100% cotton at a 200 thread count.
After reading all the instructions, I looked on my computer for a photo to experiment with and chose a nice picture of my sister, mom and myself. Then edited the photo in Photoshop by resizing it and a little touch up. I cut a 8 1/2 X 11 pieces of photo fabric, and put it in the rear tray of my printer. In Photoshop, I set it up to print as a glossy matte finish and pressed the Print button.
Well, the first print didn't come out as I hoped. I ran out of color ink, that's not good, but it was a good start.
I let it dry for at least 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, I removed the plastic backing on the back of the fabric.
In the Kitchen, I added some distilled water in a pan, and layed the fabric in the water for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes I carefully remove the fabric, and lay it flat to dry. (Remember not to wring out or twist the fabric.) Once the fabric drys you can cut it and sew on it.
So after I finished the first one, I went to Officedepot for more color ink and started a new picture.
This one I used the T-shirt transfer setting and it printed backwards. Which kind of worked out and looked good.
The last one was done in a high glossy setting, and a different picture. None of the pictures I printed out bleed at all. Now I want to make a small lap quilt out of pictures of the kids over the years for me.