Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

2018 Master the Rulers: Studio 180 Design Blockbuster 11


This week’s master the ruler: Studio 180 Design Blockbuster 11 was a fun one to make.  Search Light uses the Deb Tucker Studio 180 Design Corner Beam® Trimmer.  This ruler is not new to me, I used it in my upcoming pattern, Ramblin' Star, in the Medallion Center Block.

The block was the highlight of my weekly Facebook Live Series, Quilt Talk Tuesday, Episode 11: Making Corner Beam units.  You can check out the video here:


This week’s master the ruler: Studio 180 Design Blockbuster 11 was a fun one to make.  Search Light uses the Deb Tucker Studio 180 Design Corner Beam® Trimmer.  

This ruler is not new to me, I used it in my upcoming pattern, Ramblin' Star, in the Medallion Center Block.



Next, you will cut your beams out using the Center Beam Trim lines. 


Now that the center beams are cut out, it’s time to cut out the side pieces.  Using the Side Triangle trim #1 line on the ruler. 


I used two different fabric colors, one on each side of the center beams.  Remember when you get ready to start to stitch the unit together, make sure that the longest edges of the side triangles are positioned to sew to the center beam.  Press away from the center beam.



Now it is time to trim the unit up. Place your Corner Beam® trimmer on the unit.  You will then line up the Seam Line Placement lines along the seams in the center of the unit.  The point at the top of the Seam Line Placement lines will line up with the very tip of the unit.  Then you will trim up and across.




Rotate the unit 180 degrees, not the ruler.  Again, align the Seam Line Placement lines just as before and assuring the 6 1/2" clean up edges are now on the nice clean, trimmed lines from the first trim. Once everything is lined up, you will trim up and across.


Now that all the blocks are trimmed, it’s time to assemble the units.




BlockBuster #11, Search Light is now complete.  I think this is a really cool block and it is easy to put together.  I now have 4 more blocks to finish before I complete Series 1.  Next Week, will be making something new with the Sliver Technique Sheet.  Looking forward to making this block.

Talk to you next week, and remember if you have missed the first 10 Blockbuster blocks you can catch up HERE.

Also, make sure to check out my "Live" Quilt Talk Tuesday, at 2:30pm on Quilting Affection Design Facebook page.  Also If you miss an episode, you can catch up on my YouTube Channel, while you are there remember to subscribe to my channel.


Have a great weekend of Creating!

Tina
"Designing to Inspire"


No comments:

Post a Comment