Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

2018 Master the Rulers: Studio 180 Design Blockbuster 9


Hello Everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful week. Today, I will be showing you another block from the blockbuster challenge.  Block #9 is called Three in one.  
The block is made up of V-Block, Combination and Quarter Square Triangles so you will be using the V-Block® and the Tucker Trimmer® 1. You need to plan out your block very carefully if you change the colors or change the direction of the V-block or the Combination units you will get a whole new block out of it.



I choose block 1 in the series, due it looked like fun to make.  I made it with this Island Batik color combination in a 12" block.



I began by making my V-Block units.  The more V-Blocks you make, the more comfortable you will become with them. With the V-Block Trimmer, they are fast and easy to make. 




Then I followed by making the Quarter Triangles and Combination units. After that, I laid out the units into the block layout I wanted to make and began sewing it all together. 


Block #9 is now complete, and it was enjoyable to make.  

See you next week, where I will be making something new with the V-Block®  and the Sidekick/High-Low Technique Sheet.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment