I started by adding the Poinsettia row on the quilt top, which it lined up really well was please. Then I then cut 9-5" strips out of the border fabric. After carefully measuring and making sure the quilt was square I then, add the borders a little different than I have on other quilts.
I started with the long side borders first. The went on very smoothly. Then I prepared the top borders. First, I made 72" piece of green border fabric, then I added the checkerboard blocks to each of the sides of the green fabric for both pieces. Then, I carefully pinned borders to the top and bottom to make sure the corners lined up perfectly and sewed them on.
I'm finished and it is ready for quilting now. But that is going to have to wait, a little bit. I have a trip coming up starting next Tuesday to California. I need to finish a couple of patterns under development before we go, due to they are going with us.
Today, finishing cleaning my sewing room and some quilting on the longarm. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Live, Inspire and Create,