Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Kansas City Star BOM #5!

I am now all caught up with all of March's Blocks of Month now!  I made the last block in the Kansas City Star Block of Month Program.

Kansas City City Star BOM #5This month was block #5 - "Square and Half Square"  which was released on November 1, 1933. The pattern book has excerpt from the newspaper let me share this blocks:
"This quilt pattern "Square and Half Square" is one that little girls of colonial day frequently pieced, as it was simple and pretty in colors"

I would have to agree with this due to this block is very easy to make and a great beginner block for first timers.

Kansas City City Star BOM #5This block basically made of half-triangles and 4-patches. Start with making 4- half square triangles with the background and blue fabric. Then make making for 4-4-patch squares with the red and background fabric. The center is a 4 1/2" square.

Kansas City City Star BOM #5Then you just have to piece the blocks together making sure the half square is in the middle. Once the blocks are together in a row, then you just need to sew the rows together and press the seam away from the center.

That's all you have to do, to make this block, really easy!

I now have completed 5 blocks of the 12 blocks.  Now just have to wait until next month for the next block.Kansas City City Star BOM #5

I start a new customer project, which is a little different for me.  I'm working on repairing some old baby quilts.  Now I need to go get started again.

Love, Inspire, Create,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment