Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Change of Pace!

Snow Happen Embroidery QuiltedAfter I finished the Women of Courage quilt the other day, I need a little change of pace with some quilting.  So, I have basted the Snow Happens Embroidery Project, and quilted it on my Janome 7700.  I had not done that in over a year now. 

It was fun to play and see how much quilting is so much different from my longarm.  Snow Happen Embroidery QuiltedWith the longarm, I'm standing and I have a better view of what moves I want to do next, on the sewing machine you have to bend over or take the project from under the needle to see where you need to go next.  I especially missed my stitch regulator that is on my longarm, put I like the practice with out it also. 

I used some scrap Quilters Dream Poly Batting in the sandwich, and Fill-tech thread in the machine.  The thread was a sample and was perfect for this project it, due to the thread has a gloss to is so the stitching stand out.  Snow Happen Embroidery QuiltedThe only thing, I was have trouble with the would break easy then I would find a bulky seam area. 

I think I will have to do this more with some small projects that need to be quilted so I stay in practice.

So, Today I will be working on two Bindings and labels for the Women of Courage Quilt and this one.  But first I need to get some cleaning done so I can use the ironing board.

Have a Great Weekend and Quilting Day!

Tina


Snow Happen Embroidery Quilted

No comments:

Post a Comment