Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Evening Embroidery Project


When I was first learning to sew, my mom started me with tea towels with embroidery patterns stamped on them.  It has been years since I have done any embroidery.  when we were at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt show, most of the vendor had quilts with hand embroidery blocks in them, which is a great touch to quilts.

There was one Pattern from Bird Brain Design,called "Snow Happens!" Table Runner that just keep catching my eye. So, when I found the whole kit at one of the vendors, which included all the fabric even the backing, binding, and the embroidery thread, I picked it up.

The only thing with this one I  realize that the embroidery pattern was not stamped on the fabric, which is a heavy muslin.  So, after doing some reading on the pattern instructions they gave two suggestions. One to use a very fine permanent felt tip pen and trace the snowmen on the the muslin or get the Printable Fabri-Solvy Method.  


With the Printable Sticky Sulky Fabri-Solvy you don't have to trace the pattern all you do is make a copy of the pattern on a sheet of the Fabri-Solvy, through your home printer or from a copy machine. 

Once you make a copy of your pattern you peel the pattern from the paper, hand press the solvy on the fabric you want to embroidery on, once you are done with the stitching you use sudsy water with a large dollop of vinegar to set the color of the thread. Then press.

Now, I have an evening project to sew on to help me relax.

Tina





No comments:

Post a Comment