Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Island Batik Ambassador Challenge: Starstruck


The Island Batik Challenge for the month was called Starstruck.  Well when I heard the challenge, a had several ideas popped in mind since I'm also a newly Certified Studio 180 Design Instructor.  Some ideas were to include the Rapid Fire Hunter Star, and the Lemoyne Star. 


With all these options, I had to narrow down my choices. I know I wanted to make something using the Island Batik Basic Black Yardage and the Paisley Dot Brights Island Stacks (10" squares). With being a newly Certified Instructor, I also need some samples to display in my upcoming booths and for workshops.  So I looked through my Studio 180 Design binder where I keep all my tool instructions and my Technique Sheets and I came up an idea to make a Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Sampler.


I started out by making the Basic 8" Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star using only a couple pieces from two colors of the 10" squares and the black.  The Studio 180 Design Rapid Fire Lemoyne came out beautiful. 


Next, I started working with the companion Techniques Sheets, continuing with the Strip Pieced Lemoyne Star


All the blocks I made were 8", and the key to all the Lemoyne Star blocks is to keep your press consistent and flowing in one direction.  I was having so much fun.


Liberty Lemoyne Star was the next one I made. I love the colors in this one, the Paisley Dot Brights were working wonderfully for this project. 


Next came the Blazing Lemoyne Star, I was having fun making these Leymone Star and play with all the colors in my Paisley Dot Island Stack. 


The Banded Lemoyne Star, also turned out beautiful with the center Lemoyne really popping out.  The Island Batik Basic Black Fabric was fun and easy to work with. 


The last Lemoyne Star I wanted to make for this project was the newest Technique Sheet for the Lemoyne Star, called Starburst.  I played with this one, giving it a little more interest with a couple extra color in this block.


With all my Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star block done, I put them together in this small quilt to show off the colors of the Paisley Dot Brights Island fabrics with the basic black and the variety of the Studio 180 Design Rapid Fire Lemoyne Stars.  I love making this Sampler quilt.


You may want to check out the new techniques projects that the other Island Batik Ambassador have made this month. 


Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter and blog here, when you sign up you will get a Free Pattern.

Tina

"Designing to Inspire"

4 comments: