Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Happy Galentine's Day!

Happy Galentine’s Day! 


No this is not a typo, and you are reading this correctly. So, now you are all wondering what the heck is “Galentine's Day”. Well, I hadn't even heard of before myself before this week.  After a little research, this is what I found out.

Galentine's Day, a holiday held on February 13th, a holiday for women to celebrate their female friendships. This holiday was created on the TV series “Park and Recreation” by the character Leslie Knope.  We celebrating the love that we have for our girlfriends. As Leslie explains in the episode, “Oh, it’s only the best day of the year”. 


The Island Batik Ambassadors were asked to take on the challenge to make a mug rug or post card. So I went to my box of gorgeous batiks, and pulled out a bundle of Valentines fabrics especially for this projects.  


Then I started designing my quick little mug projects that celebrates my best friends and my love for them.  This project was so fun and easy to make. This project measures 10 ½” x 6 ½”.  It was so easy I finished 2 mug rugs in one day.


Happy Galentine's Day!, to all of you ladies in my life.

Tina


  • #iheartislandbatik #islandbatik

2 comments: