Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lesson's Learned!

Got off work early today, so I decided to clean the long-arm room and the office desk.  I really needed to clean it out due to there was a growing collection of dust and cobwebs, I didn't even know was there.  It looks great in there now. 


When I was done with my cleaning, I decide to go into the sewing room to trim all the sides on the Wine Bottle wall hanging I have been working on.  I had finished the quilting on it late last night.  During this project I have learned a few things along the way.


First off I learned I needed to use either double batting or a high loft batting when I want items or designs to stand out.  I used a low loft poly batting on this wall hanging and you can barely see the the quilting I did on it.


Another thing i found is that I need to learn more control of the machine on some of the free handing designs.  My control is much better than when I first started, just will take some more practice and time.  I do feel a lot more comfortable working with rulers.  I also feel my meandering of  "L's and "e's" got much better and I am more confident in making them go in different directions. 



This project was a good test of my abilities in the front of the machine.  I have learned a lot and will keep practicing. 

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment