Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Goals for 2019!

Happy New Years and Welcome to 2019! 

A lot of exciting things have happened to Quilting Affection Design business in the past year.  Starting off with completing one of my long-term goals of becoming a Studio 180 Design Certified Instructor.  Which as brought me some great teaching opportunities and helped me with the pattern designing part of my business.  I was lucky enough to get Checker Distributor’s to carry my patterns as well. I continued as a 2018 Island Batik Ambassador.  Looking back at my main goals of 2018, such as growing my Social Media, Blog, and Newsletters, Lecture and Teaching, building my business.  I feel they were all met, but there is more room for growth in all aspects.

Now that I have looked back in 2018, its time to list my goals for 2019.  

Starting off with my long-term goals
  • Building my business name as a quilt pattern designer
  •  Work with other Fabric Companies
  • Gain more distributors

  • know these long-term goals will take several years, but to get there, I will need to build myself and business with the following short-term goals.

    ·         Continue to Grow my Social Media, Blog and Newsletter followers.
    ·         Blog Hops
    ·         Host QAL’s (Quilt Along’s)
    ·         Monthly Newsletter posts, making them fun and exciting.
    ·         Blog twice a week
    ·         Post more pictures on my projects and happenings on Social Media

    ·         Grow my Lectures, Workshop listings
    ·         Add Workshops using the Studio 180 Design tools
    ·         Lectures, trunk Shows on Studio 180 Design
    ·         Send letters to Guilds, Stores, Etc.

    ·         Make 2019 a profitable year
    ·         Continue designing my patterns
    ·         Have a booth a Quilt Market
    ·         Attend more classes to build my business starting with Creative Arts Business Summit, in March.

    ·         Design more patterns not just with Batiks, but spreading out using Cotton quilting fabric, such as Cotton & Steel, Michael Miller, etc.

    ·         Lastly, find time for myself, by scheduling 1-2 days of fun sewing, Sewing Retreats, taking classes.

    Now I have my goals down for the year, its time to start acting on them and making them work for my business and you my customers. 

    I want to thank you all for subscribing to my Newsletter, and I want to encourage you all to find goals for yourself and work on them throughout the year.  You will find them helpful in anything you do in life.


    Tina
    "Designs to Inspire"

    No comments:

    Post a Comment