Many of us have many memories of the first day of school. I have memories of my first day of 1st grade at Frederick Post Elementary in Post Falls, Idaho. I don't remember a lot from my first day of school, such as my clothes, and my teacher, The memories I do have are memories of my mom taking me to my classroom and getting me settled at my desk for the first time on that special day. I also remember the brand new Holly Hobbie Lunch Box. Other memories were when I switched elementary schools, I only had to walk across the street to school. It was ideal for those days when it was raining, or on those cold, snowy days, I just waited until the last the recess bell was going ring, so I did not have to be out in the cold so long as the bused kids. I have memories of some great teachers and classmates that would be there until we graduated High School. It's crazy if you sit back now and think about your back to school memories come in mind. I could list much more memories, but it would make a long blog post.
What is your favorite Back to School memory?
The Back to School Blog Hop starts today through September 29th. Each day the Island Batik Ambassadors will be sharing favorite memories of going back to school, we will also be sharing Island Batik's newest fabrics, that will be showing up on at your favorite quilt shop now. If you haven't seen the 2017 Spring/Summer Catalog, please check it out Here.
Island Batik 2017 Spring/Summer Collection
Island Batik 2017 Spring/Summer Collection
Today starts with Carol Steely from FunThreads Designs and me. We will be sharing fabrics from the Beaujolais Collection. This beautiful collection is beautiful combinations of lovely fall colors. If your favorite local shop does carry any of these beautiful fabrics, request them to carry them for you and your quilty friends.
As always the Island Batik Ambassadors, are making great projects from the fabrics. Last month, I started using this collection with my Quilt As You Go Projects.
This month, I made a beautiful wall hanging, out of more of the fabrics. This project used ten of the different fabrics in the collection that we received. The quilt primarily was made from one block, with two different color patterns.
It is amazing how changing the colors of one block can just change the whole aspect of a quilt. The finished size of my quilt was 44" x 44" nice size for a little wall hanging.
Blog Hop Schedule
I have 2 giveaways for you!
Island Batiks Giveaway
Island Batiks is giving away 3 gorgeous fat quarter bundles. Three different lucky winners will be randomly selected to win one these great bundles:
Captain's Anchor, Batiks Go Retro, and Abalone Collections
To Enter click on the link below. There are many ways to enter!
ISLAND BATIK GIVEAWAY
Quilting Affection Designs Giveaway
I will be giving away Two - 5" "Beaujolais" Fabric Bundle two lucky winners. Each bundle contains 4 - 5" strips of various fabrics from the "Beaulojais" Collection.
Enter Rafflecopter below for a chance to win.
Quilting Affection Designs Guidelines and Rules for this give away.
- No purchase necessary. Open to residents of the USA only.
- While we hope you will leave a comment on the post of the day because we love comments, we want no reply bloggers to have a chance at winning also. Rafflecopter will collect your name, country, and email.
- One - 5 inch “Beaujolais” Fabric Bundle will be given away to two lucky winners.
- The Winners picked at random via Rafflecopter at the end of the day on September 29th. Winner will be drawing be on September 30th receive notification via email.
- Winner will have approximately five days to claim their gift, if five days pass, the gift will be offered to another eligible entrant. Winner must provide name, address, city, state.
- Only US Address, please
- Winner will be announced on this blog and in the Rafflecopter window here on this page. Winner agrees to allow their name, city, state to be publicized.
- Odds of Winning a prize are based on a total number of Rafflecopter entries.
- You are responsible for claiming and paying any tax owed on the value of any gift that you win where applicable. Some restrictions on gifts will apply based on shipping policies. This sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
See you at the Winners Announcement on September 30th.