Welcome to 2017!
As I look back through 2016, I have to say I was truly blessed with new a beginning for me personally and continued growth for Quilting Affection. Personally, 2016 was a lifestyle changing journey to lose weight and get healthy. My new lifestyle allowed me to lose 50+lbs, as of today. I’m healthy and have tons of energy to work on my pattern designs, and exercise. I have also found a love of hiking.
As for Quilting Affection, I made several decisions that took my pattern designing business up a notch. I was truly blessed to be accepted as an Island Batik Ambassador and pattern designer for them. Timeless Treasure Fabrics also accepted a couple of my patterns. In addition, a few patterns I put out this year are designed to use Bloc_Rulers. I also expanded out and began Teaching EQ7 and offering Trunk Shows.
In 2017, I have several goals for the business and myself. Personally, I want to hike parts of the Colorado and Appalachian Trails. Also I want to help others learn how to change their lifestyles and get healthy. Then I want to set aside time to work on Unfinished or Unstarted Quilting Projects.
As for the business, I have several goals and have already started a few.
- I want to be more active on the Social Media, Newsletters, and Blogs for the business.
- Design a couple patterns a month to be published in the future or in magazine publications.
- Make my business name more known and respected.
- Vend at more Local Quilt Shows in the Virginia and Maryland area.
- Expand my teaching and talking to guilds and other quilts.
- Learn more about how grow my business.
- To keep working with Fabric Companies to highlight there fabrics.
- Finish some personal quilting
The first change that I have done to help my business goals is update my Business name: As of January 1st “Quilting Affection” is now “Quilting Affection Designs". The reasoning of the name change is to distinguish myself as a Pattern Design Business instead of a quilt store. Also I have changed the logo to have a more professional appearance.
I will keep you all posted on our progress on these goals throughout the year. I hope you all have a good 2017 and all your quilting goals come true.