Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Positive Mindset a Powerful Tool!

Last Month, I wrote how I overcame years of Yo-Yo dieting, lost 50 plus pounds and changed my life. If you missed my blog you can catch up Here. The key to my success was the support of the Facebook Challenge group, my family and my mindset. I went into the program determined to get the weight off; this was my mindset.

Mindset is defined as "a set of beliefs or a way of thinking that determines one's behavior, outlook and mental attitude". When entering into any program or new adventure in life you need a positive mindset, which can be a powerful thing.

So last year when I set my mind to stopping the yo-yo diets, getting healthy and meeting my weight goals, I was focused. There were many reasons why I wanted to do this and losing weight was only one of them. I wanted to gain the energy to quilt and make my deadlines for my fabric companies. In addition, I just wanted to feel good about myself. My focus and determination only grew stronger when I looked at pictures of female relatives on my dad’s side of the family that were obese. I wanted nothing to do with that. I wanted to be a great example for my family and friends who also wanted to lose the weight. Most important, I wanted to get out and be active with my family. The point of all of this is that I made a goal for myself to lose weight and get healthy. I focused on the reasons why I wanted to do it, came up with a plan and then set my mind on following through. Yes, my mindset was a choice to follow through and I believe that was the reason I succeeded.

Once you set your goal and focus your mind to following through. You need to trust the steps you laid out to accomplish them. In other words if you enter a program to get healthy, you should wipe away any doubt you may have and trust the system you signed up for. This is key to keep a strong mindset. I truly believe that if you join a program and start to question each step along the way, you are setting yourself up to fail. So to get healthy, do your homework and research different programs and then choose one that best fits your life style. Then trust in the program and believe in yourself that you will succeed.

That's what I did when I signed up for my first “Tina's 18 Day Challenge”. I researched it and also talked to high school friends that are RN's and have also joined in the program. In addition Tina Smith, the founder of Tina's 18 Day Challenge, is a Retired RN and she developed the program around getting healthy. Knowing that RN's are behind the program and many have joined, gave me and my family the confidence to trust the program. So I was able to set my mind that the program would work and I stayed focused on what I needed to do.

Almost a year later, I find I am almost an all new person. I still have as strong of a mindset as I did the day I started. Now I can focus on goals for my Quilt Pattern Business and Coaching others to get healthy. This strong mindset has brought me back to living my life, feeling healthy and strong. I can quilt and design all day long without feeling tired by afternoon. I love my new life. I look at myself today, and I'm just overwhelmed with emotions and I knowing I will not turn back. Tina's 18 Day Challenge, has shown me the way to live and eat the rest of my life.


2017 will be an exciting year for Tina's 18 Day Challenge. You will learn how to work on your mindset for the program. The first challenge of the year will start January 9th. So, if you would like to take your life back and make it a breakthrough year for you like 2016 was for me. Then please contact me quiltingaffection@gmail.com. Let me and Tina's 18 day Facebook group coach you to get your health and life back. 

Remember this is a lifestyle not a diet. Just keep telling yourself in the mirror daily that: YOU CAN DO THIS! 

Please feel free to comment or ask any questions below. 

Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment