Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Island Batiks Ambassadors: Playful Paper Piecing

This month challenge for the Island Batik Ambassadors was Playful Paper Piecing. 
#playfulpaperpiecing #islandbatik
 Paper piecing is one of my weakness, I have only done it once before and I found it to be challenging, mainly due to lack of practice.  With that in mind I looked through the EQ7 library and found some crazy blocks I liked. So I starting to play with colors and came up with the below designed with 7 1/2" blocks.    
Original Design in EQ7

I had rough time getting the first couple pieces sewn together when I started, but after that it seemed to flow surprising well.  After the blocks were completed, I thought it would be fun to play with them a little.  I cut the blocks into 4 pieces and added a thin black sashing piece in the middle. This turned out to be a great touch to the placemats.


My choice of fabrics were 5" strips from the Island Batik Stash Building Package.  Then I added the left over fabric for the borders to get the finished projects.
Finished Placemats
The placements add a little color to our breakfast bar.

Some of our other Ambassadors have finished their challenges projects, be sure to check their playful projects:

7 comments: