Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

April Showers Challenge - Island Batiks Ambassadors

This month's Island Batiks Ambassadors Challenge was April Showers.  The name of this challenge made me think of Umbrellas, rain, and Flowers. So I had a feeling that the a lot of the Ambassadors may do something with Rain and Umbrellas, so I went to the Flowers.
 I went to my box of Island Batik fabric looking for something that feels like Spring Colors.  I found a charm pack of Crystal Cove Collection.  
 Then the fun began with designing the pattern in EQ7.  I designed a nice table runner that measured 39 1/2" x 12 1/2" with a pieces background, Appliqued Flowers and Pedals. The pieces in the center of the runner are 5" x 4" and 1 1/2 x 5 rectangles. The border are left overs from the center pieces.

EQ7 Design (Concept)



This table runner uses just about the whole charm pack.  I had to add fabrics for the backing and binding.   You will notice that the above Concept Design doesn't have the falling Pedals or Rain drops which ever way you interpret them.


Its so much fun to design and make these Island Batik Ambassador challenge projects.  Look forward to May's Challenge.

Tina

#IslandBatik, #AprilShowersib

6 comments:

  1. Cute, cute. Enjoyed the post, I think they are rain drops...just a few so the flowers stay fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this ty for sharing you could make this scrappy too.... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I don't know how I missed this! Just found it in my email. Love the background and and how you used the the anchor bars for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete