Thursday, June 26, 2014

Customer Quilt Top

Old Glory Life has been crazy the last couple weeks.  I been working hard on completing and finishing up several quilts for the patterns we have in final stages of development.  We hope to be going to the printers here in the next couple weeks. 

I finally received another quilt top to finish for a customer yesterday.   I finished it up late last night.  The quilt top is named "Old Glory". This Red, White, Blue star quilt top measuring 71 1/2" x 91 1/2" was made by a first time quilter.  She did a fabulous job for her first time. 

Longarm Quilting ServiceThe customer requested a star design pantograph.  Old GlorySo we found "Star Dance" on the Digi-Tech Designs website.  The batting that I used was Quilters Dream Black Poly with Superior So Fine Thread.

The quilt came out beautiful. Now, just waiting for the customer to pick up the quilt.

Time to get back to work on these pattern and quilt designs.

If you have a quilt that needs to be quilted, please check out our services

Live, Inspire and Create,


Friday, June 6, 2014

Lastest Project

Life has been crazy since I returned from my vacation in Minnesota.  I'm ready for another already, but there is now time right now.  We are in the final stages of getting our Pattern's ready to print.  I'm so nervous and excited at the same time.  Can't wait to show them off, here in the near future.

I did find time this past week to work on a small project that My Friend Jean sent home with me from Minnesota.  When we were at the Hingeley Road Quilt Shop in Floodwood, Minnesota she found some batiks with wine grapes and in the color of here dining room area.  JB TablerunnerSo she asked if I would make a table runner for her, didn't have to be fancy.  So when I returned home, with all the fabric, I started playing around in EQ7 and came up with this idea.
JB TablerunnerOriginally the idea just to make 5 snowball blocks and put borders on them. then I came up with idea of adding the family names to all the snowball blocks with Monogram lettering, with my embroidery machine.

It took me just about a half to make the whole tablerunner including machine embroidering the names on the blocks. 

TJB Tablerunnerhe quilting took me a day to complete, due to I put some custom quilting around the embroidered names to make the names pop out. Lots of loop to loop in the detail.  JB TablerunnerThen I added grape leaves in the middle between each block and the borders to finish it off.

Now, I need to get the binding on today and finished this weekend.  So I can give it to her in person next week.  Cant wait to see her.

Have a great Quilting Day,

Live, Inspire and Create,