Last Sunday I started sorting and preparing the 43 t-shirts for the girls quilt. It took me a couple days just to sort them and prepare them for the quilt due to the different shirt sizes and decals. I love a good challenge.
This quilt will be done a little differently from other t-shirt quilts I have done in the past. The reason is due
to the large size of some of the decals on the shirts. I have 11 shirts that will be sized at a 14"x 19 " and 3 that are 13 1/2" x 19", normally I try for 14" x 14" finished. There will also be some that will be small sized 14" x 8".
There were a couple shirts that needed some creative touches to due to where the decals were on the v-neck. So what I did was I used the backing of the shirt to fill in the gap.
A couple of the shirt decals were very small due to they were parts of the backing so I sewed them into a 4 patch design to help them fit in a block.
The shirts are all prepared now, which is great progress. Last night, I finished the layout design in EQ7. So all I have to do now is put the shirts in the final layout and start sewing the quilt top together.
Now to prepare the T-Shirts for quilt #2!