Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Catch-up!

Its been almost a week since my last blog posting, Yikes time has gone so fast over the last week.  Life has been busy for me, since my last posting on the Christmas Joy Quilt, I had my last class were we made the Poinsettia Row, which is the last row.  We got one block done and the corners put on the block, I just need finish the other 4 blocks up to finish the row.  Almost done with this quilt, then time it will need to be quilted. 

Speaking of quilting, I have been also been
practicing with some meandering  designs and some applique echoing on an old Quilt that has been waiting for quilting for over 15 years. I hand appliqued all the Tulips on this quilt years ago, the Pattern came from a QuiltMaker Magazine.  I was originally, going to hand quilt this quilt but I never really got very far so, I took the basting stitches out and put it on the long arm for practice.

I have also been practicing my feathers which have been a challenge for me, put starting to get them looking nice.  The feathers are going on the borders, which is great practice for me. I need to finish this tulip quilt so, I can put the next one on when ready. Half way there already.


In the sewing room, I have 2 more projects being assembled right now, besides the Christmas Joy Quilt.  One is another Christmas quilt for a friend and the other will be one I will be selling on Etsy. 

Hoping to get alot of quilting and sewing done this next couple of weeks. 



Have a great Monday,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment