Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

StarBurst Table Topper Quilted!

I was in the mood for some quilting yesterday, so I decided to quilt the Star Burst Table Topper, which I finished sewing together a couple weeks ago. 

I used a small left over piece of Pellon 80/20 batting in the middle. I was looking for something light weight and would puff up in some areas of the quilt.

I want to use feathers in this table topper and practice a little more on my Quilt Path automated quilting system, so I found Amish Feathers pattern set at Digi-Tech Patterns. Which was perfect for this quilt top.

I also used a little free handing in the lighter color of the checker board to make the darker color pop out.  I also used used my rulers and put diagonal lines in the red triangles.


In the larger triangles, i put the Amish Feathers to fill the area.   I also used the same feathers in the corners squares by just dividing the square in half and reversing them.


The same feathers were used in the borders.  I put 4 triangles in the borders and joined them.  

The StarBurst Table Topper will now get binding on it today and soon I can put on my dinner room table.






Also Today, I will be starting to work on assembling the Women of Courage quilt top.

Hope you all have a great Sewing Day!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment