Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Finishing Snow Happens Embroidery Project!

Well after I got the binding done for the Starburst Table Topper yesterday.  I decided instead of working on the finishing the Snow Happens Embroidery Project I started a year ago.  Last march, I wrote about starting a Embroidery Project called Snow Happens! from Bird Brain Designs.  Well this weekend, I finished the Embroidery Part of the project.  

I for the Embroidery Designs, I used Sulky Sticky Fabri-Solvy, which you make a copy of the design and print it out on this paper using your printer.  

Now that I was done with the Embroidery, I had to remove the paper which was really easy.  I gently lifted up the Sulky paper from the muslin and cut away the excess paper, then I put some warm water in a pan, and put the project in the water, for a few minutes and gently used my finger and worked up the paper from the muslin.  After I thought the paper was all gone I rinsed the fabric again under warm water to make sure it was all gone.  And put the project on a towel to dry.  A couple hours later, I was able to iron the project with some starch to make it crisp looking again and squared.

This was going to be table runner so, I need to cut the border for the runner.  So I cut 1" blue borders for the project and then 1 5/8" muslin outer border.  First sewing the 1" inner blue border on the sides and then on the top and bottom. Then adding the outer muslin just like you did on blue border. It sure made a difference adding those borders, but I still have one more border set to put on this table runner.

Then next was something new to me but was fun to make.  I needed 8 strips of 2 1/2" strips of muslin and 4 different blue fabrics cut  2 1/16" strips and 4 muslin squares 3" x 3".  First off I sewed the blue fabric in the middle of the 2 pieces of muslin to make one long strip.  I repeated this 3 more times, so I had 4 long strips and pressed them to the center.  Then I cut the long strips into 2 1/16" strips, You get 10 of these per strip set. Then the fun begins, I then laid out the strip sets out like in the picture, then sew them together to make the strip set on point. Making 4 sets of these, 2 sets of 5 and 2 sets of 13.  Once I had the sets together, I cut the 4 - 3" x 3" squares in half and sewed them on the ends of each of the sets. 

Then I cut off the excess to square them up, remembering to leave 1/4" all the way around.

Then sew the set of 5 borders on the sides. 

 The sets of 13 go on the top and bottom to finish the table runner. 

 Now all I have to do is quilt it, which I think I will do this one on my sewing machine.  I have not done that in awhile and should be fun to do.  I love it!

Well I think I will work on the Women of Courage today, since I didn't get to it yesterday.  And prepare my next Embroidery project.

Hope you all have a great sewing or quilting day!


No comments:

Post a Comment