Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Decorative Stitching Orange Peel

This afternoon, I spent adding Decorative Stitching around the melons on the Split End Orange Peel quilt.  I choose the to use a small button hole stitch using Superior Rainbow thread #856 Rock Slide.

I started in the middle at the top of a long row.  To make it easy to work with I decide to gently folded the sides and bottom to  make them narrow.  Then I started at the top sewing on the right side working my way down.  Once I got to the bottom, I pivoted and sewed back on the opposite side, back to the beginning.  

I ended up getting 3 rows, and the outer side sewn today! Hoping to get the stitching done tomorrow, and  the borders on the top.


This morning I spent quilting and adding the binding on the Meadow Friends, Layer Cake Quilt top.  I used the Pretty Paisley Pantograph, it came out very beautiful. Now just need to finish sewing up the back of the quilt and I'm done with it.

Backing
Top

Tina 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment