Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Designer Retreat Day 1 & 2!

This week I'm in Perry, New York attending a one of kind retreat for Pattern Designers.  Perry is a small town located south of Rochester.  The setting here is just beautiful, I look out my window and I see Silver Lake.  The weather has been just fabulous for us all, high 70's and the nights are in the low 60's.  

The retreat is put on by my pattern publisher, QuiltWoman.Com.  I have met over the last couple days, some fabulous other ladies that love to sew, and they are coming from all over the country, Texas, Kansas, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.  We even have a ladies here from New Zealand and Canada.  

Nancy Dill and Barb Sackel are hosts and the owners of QuiltWoman, and they are giving us a wealth of knowledge on the business, from Marketing, Business, Time management, and much much more.

Day 1- Started about 5:30 after dinner, were we did introductions, and had nice social hour.

Day 2 - We started in around 9am after breakfast with a Part 1of a Marketing Workshop.  We talked about finding that "One Big Thing", and focus in on that goal.  Then we had a workshop on Time Management.  Blocking time out during the day to focus on that goal.  We had a workshop on Book Publishing 101, getting the basics on how to find a publisher. 

During the day, we have plenty time of down time to work on projects, either on the computer, or sewing.  

In the evening, we learned the basics of Zentangle, and I'm hooked.  I will show more tomorrow on my finished projects.  

So looking forward to next couple of days.

Have a great Day!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment