Over the weekend, I was working on a new quilt project, called Cardinal in the Pines. I picked up this quilt kit in April at Hingeley Road Quilt Shop in Minnesota, while I was visiting my good friend Jean. She feel in love this quilt, she loved the Cardinals in it. So, I'm making this up for her. This quilt top has been a challenge do to the way the instructions are written up. But I have made good progress.
The quilt top is made up of 2 different blocks with fussy cut Cardinals in the middle of each block.
When I finished the assembly of all the blocks, I realized that I had made one error in the all, which the green and red checkboard half squares were in the wrong corners. Once I placed all the blocks up on the design wall, I realized it would not make a big difference in the whole quilt top.
I just have 4 more blocks to make, but I need more of the black vine fabric to do so, which I ordered Sunday night. Then I can add 2 more rows on this quilt top and then borders.
Almost done with this one, hoping to have done by Thanksgiving, so far it looks like I will be done way before.