Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Pulling all the blocks together, Part 1!

I'm getting use to my new morning schedule, and feeling really good and lots of energy.  I have already lost a couple of pounds in the first week.  While I'm getting use to my new schedule, I have been slowly working on the borders on the 2012 Designer Mystery Quilt top.  


It all started with cutting all the pieces for the flying geese sashing blocks.  I made 12 units of each color, which made 48 flying geese units for the inner geese blocks.  The flying geese units were bordered with 2" x 12 1/2" on both sides of the stack of geese blocks.


Then, started sewing all the block to the flying geese sashing units to make up the rows.  Just remember that one unit of geese points in the opposite direction.


After all the rows are made, then I just need to make and add the middle unit that was the sewing.  Making the middle unit was easy compared to sewing all the rows together.



With everything lined up the middle section is now together, now for the borders, that will be in the next post.

Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment