Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Journey to Nebula - Lucky Charm Finishing

 


Welcome back to my Journey 2 Nebula blog posts. I got a little behind on my blog for Week #3, finishing the "Lucky Charm" pillow.  If you would like to see how I cut my Half Hexagons pieces check out my blog post on Cutting the Star 60 way, HERE.


The first thing I did after I finished cutting out my pieces was to arrange them the way I wanted the pillow to look in the front. 


Once I had them all arranged, I still had 10 of the Half Hexagons leftover, which will be filled in on the sides.


I found the halfway mark on the Half Hexagon pieces and cut all 10 pieces vertically.


Then place them on the sides of the pieces.  I choose one color of the Half Hexagons to give them all a border effect.


I figured out a way to make the stitch of the row go faster and to stay organized.  I started by pulling two rows that I had placed on my small design board and placed them into stacks. 


I then started stitching the Half Hexagon pieces from each of the stacks one from the first stack.  Once the first pieces where sewn, I then grabbed pieces from the second stack.



Once I had the second match piece sewn, I snipped the first row pieces off and Pressed all the seams open.

Then continued the stitch on the next piece from the first stack. Repeating the steps over and over until the rows were complete, pressed thoroughly.  Then started sewing the next couple rows until all the rows were ready to be sewn together.


Once my rows were ready to be sewn together, the process of sewing the rows went fast.


My pillow-top is now complete, ready to quilted.



Here are my finished pillow and the back of the pillow.  I had fun machine quilting this project; these projects have been great for practicing my skills.  

I can't wait until today to start my next project in the Journey to Nebula Quilt Along.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment