Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Goal Review and 2022 Goals

Happy New Year, everybody! As I wind down the year, I'm looking back on my goals from last year and making some new ones. Then I join my technique pattern editor, Yvonne, who blogs at Quilting Jetgirl, for an Annual Planning Party link-up. 

Let's start with my 2021 goals. 

Looking back on my 2021 goals, I see they shifted a little bit during the year. I set three goals for 2021, the main goal, three secondary goals. Let's look at these goals and how they worked out this year. 

My main goal for the year was to develop an On-Demand Class Library for teaching my patterns and techniques. As the year carried on, it evolved into another approach. Instead of teaching my patterns in an On Demand library, I've developed some exciting and innovative ways to learn Studio 180 Design


In July, I launched Precision Block Academy. It's a monthly video-based class where you learn one Studio 180 Design tool and technique sheet every month. Besides videos, the Academy has more. The members of the program get at least two live coaching sessions, plus a private Facebook group where they can get support from each other. I was so blown away by the response of the first class, and I'm excited to see how many we'll have in the next class when registration opens this month (January) for Launch. Please click here if you want to be put on the next class waitlist. Over the next few weeks, we'll tell you more about the Precision Block Academy.


  
Blooming

My first secondary goal was to create a series of patterns that would let fans of Studio 180 Designs tools can practice and develop their skills. We have started working on this goal and will continue for a couple of years. As of this fall, I've launched the first two patterns, Forest Glade and Blooming (pictured) in my Skill Builder Series for the Studio 180 Design Tucker Trimmer. There are several more in the design phase waiting to be developed. 

Providence

Another secondary goal was to release more patterns throughout the year. That happened too. In addition to the Skill Builder Series patterns, I released three new patterns. Diamond Serenity, Providence, and a revision of Mountain Snowfall.


The last thing I wanted to do in 2021 was to write a sequel to
Poppin' with Wings book. When I developed Precision Block Academy, this goal just flew out of the window. Since books take so long to develop and write, I needed this time for the Academy and its members. Maybe one day. 

In 2021, I'll have many other accomplishments. They include a new website moving from a difficult and expensive platform to Shopify. It was easier to work with and cheaper in the end.   

This blog was also revived in 2021. On Fridays, I'll post about Studio 180 Design products, tools, and tutorials. And I changed how you get Block Party Blocks. Every month, they come out on the 15th, but you can get them by email through our Special Newsletter. No searching on Facebook.


I also got recertified as a Studio 180 Design Certified Instructor for 3 more years this year! 

2022 goals


I have set up my goals for 2022, many carry over from last year. 

My main goal is to continue with the Precision Block Academy, which will continue throughout the year with more classes starting. Plus, create a second-year course that covers Advanced Lemoyne Star, Wedge Star, and Star 60. 
 
Secondary goals will start off with more Studio 180 Design companion patterns to be released throughout the year. These patterns will continue my Skill Builder Series patterns. 


My last goal is more personal than business-related. To keep your mind fresh, especially in today's crazy world, this goal should be on everyone's list. It's my goal to take weekends off completely to relax and clear my head. This gives me more time to go camping on weekends. My husband and I are already planning a long-distance trip with our trailer for the fall. In addition, I'll be going on my first retreat next month, where I'll be sewing my heart out. Hopefully, there'll be more trips to come.

I'm going to keep writing my blog in the New Year. Plus, we're developing new Block Party Blocks every month, plus great tutorials on the blocks. 

Let's have a good and safe year in 2022 and take advantage of everything we can. It's not too late to set your goals for 2022. Comment below if your goals for 2022. 

Tina

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so wise to take the weekends off so you can be refreshed and creatively inspired. Congratulations on a great 2021, and I wish you a lot of quilting joy as you work on your goals in 2022. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete