Pages

Monday, October 29, 2018

Island Batik Ambassador Challenge: Needle,Paper, Scissors


The Island Batik Ambassador Challenge for the October was called "Needle, Paper, Scissors.  We were tasked to come up with a Paper Piecing Project of any size.  This could beFoundation or English.



With Fall here and Halloween around the corner, I wanted to make something with that theme included. So I dug into my EQ8 and found some premade Foundation blocks. I came up with a table runner design, and since I have so much Fall colors in my Island Batik stash I decide I would use them in this table runner.



So, I began my quest to remember how to paper piece. I don't usually do a lot of paper pieced projects, so I had to watch a couple of videos and I was off again on my sewing.


It didn't take me long to get the hand of foundation piecing, It really does go quick. With all the pumpkins ready I removed the paper backing and stitched them together, and added the borders to finish it off.




Here is my finished Foundation Pieced Jack O' Lantern table runner, for this fall season.

I so looking forward to starting next months project, we are working on Log Cabin Quilts. I have mine all planned out, just need to get started.


You may want to check out the Paper Pieced projects that the other Island Batik Ambassador made this month. See you in November.


Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter and blog here, when you sign up you will get a Free Pattern.

Tina

"Designing to Inspire"

No comments:

Post a Comment