This blog post is a little late due to several obligations during the last couple of months. However, with a little help from my husband, I have finally finished my September, Child's Play quilt challenge.
For this challenge, we were a task to make a crib size quilt using the Accuquilt GO! Block on Board® (BOB®) Dies. I received a Bear Paw BOB Die.
The hardest thing I had to decide was the fabric I was going to use and a fun design to do with the Bear Paw Blocks. Each of the Paws measured 6" when finished.
I decided to make this a scrappy looking quilt using many older Island Batik Fabrics from this and past years, with a neutral background. So I began digging through my stash and then started cutting using the Accuquilt GO.
During the last week of September, I was telling my husband that I needed to get my Island Batik Ambassador project done and showed him how much other work I had to get done to prepare for Quilt Market. He said he would be willing to help if he could by working on the bear paws.
So I set him up on my other Bernina, and he was off stitching all the paws together.
The next thing I knew, he was setting up the quilt on the display board, and stitching the quilt top together. Once he finished the quilt top I helped him sandwich the quilt together (We used Hobbs Batting) and he quilted it on the Bernina since I don't have a long arm anymore.
Here is the finished project he completed for me and I love the quilting on it. I have to add that my husband also made and stitched on the binding. He became my hero for this project. I think I have opened a new world for him. He is already picking out his next quilting project.
Now I need to get my October project complete.
"Designs to Inspire"